Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Shabana Azmi -- Masoom


I watched this movie... the whole movie for the first time ... not the bits and pieces that I always managed to watch. I started watching this movie like a child who never got to watch it when it was a rage but instead I watched it as a woman scrutinizing Shabana Azmi who played a rather disgruntled person who rarely smiled. She seemed confused at times, at loss of something , dissatisfied , imitating feminism but that's what the movie is all about ..I guess.





Women smoking ... must have been pretty blasphemous at that time.  The movie is like a pendulum between the outward reflection of feminism and internal war at leaving those safe zones. What won in the end were genuine emotions that are beyond the societal changes and human logical and calculating mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment